Wednesday, August 31, 2005

They say it's your birthday

"It's my birthday too, ya"

Yup, today is my 35th birthday. And what a day it's been! Got up at 6, was at work by 8. Got a bunch of well wishes, an entire carrot cake from my favorite bakery which will be cut into tomorrow, an iced coffee and munchkins from Dunkin' Donuts and very little stress from the regular cast of characters that seem to go out of their way to annoy the living crap out of me.

Our Marketing guru put together and sent me this wish from my man, the pitching god, Curt Schilling. She rocks.



Yum.

We have tickets for tonight's Red Sox game but we're not going. The weather is looking pretty scary. Plus I feel like I'm heading for a migraine so wouldn't mind staying home curled up on the couch tonight. Went on a cleaning rampage last night so can rest comfortably this evening. We're still considering going out for dinner but The Man may have to work late. Right now I'm pretty content staying home anyway. We've got all weekend to celebrate!

Left work early today. Initially it was to give myself time to come home, change and head into town for the game. However, I ended up taking my little sweet pea (pictured here)...



...back to the vet at 2:30 this afternoon. Already brought her in last Friday. She's been having some bowel issues. Poor baby. It appears she has colitis. Her brother has IBS. IBS seems to be more controllable than colitis. She's already used 2 bath mats instead of her pan to let me know something's up with her. She's been on an antibiotic/anti-inflammatory since Friday evening but she hasn't gotten any better yet. Today the vet gave me special food to give her. I hope it helps.

Well, I hear thunder rumbling so better turn the computer off. Will be back later with more gnus!

5 comments:

tj said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Sorry I'm a day late. You're cat's adorable!

Becky said...

Thanks! :-) Hey, I've got plenty of leftover carrot cake. Want some?

boneramafreak said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I think I caught you on connick.com though too. ;) thanks for the good wishes!!

Becky said...

You sure did - thanks! And you're welcome! :-) So glad you got out of harms way and are safe.

Valerie said...

i LOVE a) your picture of Curt wishing you a Happy birthday!
b) your furbaby!!! she's adorable & i hope she's feeling better...keep me posted! valerie