Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Damn boob

I've mentioned in my Diaryland entries that I've had a few scares with spots on my right breast. Had my regularly scheduled mammography in June, not long after I'd had an ultrasound because I was experiencing pain in the area we've been keeping an eye on.

So.

My doctor called this evening. I have to go back for a follow-up mammography and yet another ultrasound. The spot we've been watching has grown a little, and one of the prints showed a shadow on the right breast but in a different area than the one that's being watched. I had a brief meltdown after I finished talking with her. I wasn't going to let myself have the meltdown but my boyfriend seemed to just sit there and wait for me to get it out. I'm glad he did. We were chuckling (me through tears) at the end of it and I'm feeling a little less anxious now.

But it still sucks.

In talking with my boyfriend about it, we agreed that I'm not going to get the area biopsied and then wait and see what the doctors find. I'm going to ask to have it removed - then they can do whatever they want to it and tell me what's going on.

Freakin' boob.

1 comment:

tj said...

I'm sorry Becky. I'll be thinking and praying about you and your boob.

I don't think I've ever prayed for a boob before. No, wait, yes I have, but that was an entirely different situation.