Monday, March 27, 2006

Surprise!

Oh what an exciting day it’s been! We woke up to no hot water this morning and no way to get to the hot water heater. The contractors who re-did our kitchen and bathroom a few years ago placed a new hot water heater in our kitchen in the corner, under the counter, and failed to provide a way for us to access it should any problems arise. Can you say, “D’OH!”? The Man has put in 4 phone calls (that I’m aware of) to them and we’ve still had no response. The plumber came and went because he’s not about to pull up our kitchen counter or cut a hole underneath our kitchen sink to get at it, and we certainly don’t blame him. But the plumber’s office called back a couple of times to see if the contractor’s returned our calls yet. If the contractor ever gets around to getting back to us he better a) get to our place no more than an hour after hanging up the phone and b) not charge us for the visit or the access he’s going to provide us to the heater.

Un-freakin-believable.

The Man ended up staying home from work today. He was pretty sick over the weekend anyway and still wasn’t feeling 100% this morning so between that and the water situation, he decided to stay home. If the water situation isn’t rectified by tomorrow, and head-up-his-ass-contractor calls tonight and hems and haws and says, “Oh I’ll be there tomorrow” I’m going to tell him he has to be there on my schedule. No exceptions. No excuses.

Dumbass.

What an adventure it was getting ready for work this morning. Took me back to the days of growing up when our well would decide to not give us any water (the ground was mostly shale around the house I grew up in). We’d have to trek up to the springs to stock up on water, heat it up when we needed to bathe and do dishes, and keep big buckets in the bathrooms so we could flush the toilets. Oh it was just a happy go-lucky time when that happened! I don’t miss those days – and neither do my parents! – and I’m not at all happy about re-living them now.

I’m so angry right now I feel like I could turn into The Hulk.

Grrr, baby! GRRR!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I read your entry, only one word came to mind... "Balls!!" And I'm sure you can hear my tone of voice too. ;-)
Zeeeeeee

Valerie said...

hey girlie...didja get it fixed? how long did it take?