Thursday, March 02, 2006

Metal mouth

Well, I'm finally biting the bullet. I'm getting braces. That's right, Becky's going to have a mouth full of metal in a few short months. Actually, if the quote I received was correct for what I want, I'm getting ceramic braces on the top teeth and metal on the bottom. Not really looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. Really like the orthodontist I met with yesterday. She was much more informative than the others I've been to for consultations. And it's going to be a little cheaper there too, so that obviously helps. I won't have them on until at least May, so I've got time to psych myself up. Or chicken out.

Don't think I ever shared my good news. Had my review at work a couple of weeks ago. Got a 4-1/2% raise and a promotion. It's nice to finally work for someone who appreciates the work I do and rewards me for it. It's about time!!

Meanwhile, the person who took over my old position is finally teetering on the edge of dismissal.

The Olive Garden was packed last night so we ended up going to a place called Smokey Bones for The Man's birthday dinner. It's a barbecue restaurant. Not exactly the place to go on holy days during Lent. I asked The Man, "God's not going to strike me down for celebrating your birthday with a piece of barbecued chicken... is He?" Of course The Man said no, but I still didn't feel right about it. But I was able to work around it. The restaurant offered the typical veggie burger laced with soy so I couldn't eat it (too much soy gives me migraines), and some other meatless stuff that didn't look very palatable. I settled for the "Lodge Salad", minus the sunflower seeds. It had enough protein and fillers without actual meat to make it filling and to my surprise it was one of the best salads I've ever had! And it was huge, so I was definitely full when I was done. The Man got pulled pork and when we got home told me I could have his leftovers for dinner tonight. He can be such a sweetie. When we got home he was too full to have any of his cheesecake, but I wasn't. It was delicious. It's got whipped cream and strawberries on top. Can't wait to have another slice tonight after the pulled pork. I actually snagged a few strawberries off of it this morning for breakfast. Oh, okay! I had a very thin sliver of the cheesecake as well. Jeez. And The Man won't be eating any of it again tonight because he's heading to volleyball (Thursday is league night). If he's not careful I'll have the whole thing gone by the time he gets to it! *insert evil grin here*

It's snowing like a mother out right now. Was hoping it would hold off until the evening commute was over but oh well. We've had it pretty good this winter. Last year we got hammered with snow and freezing cold. This winter has been pretty mild and think we've gotten only 2 snow events worthy of a little freaking out.

Okay, I'm off for some pulled pork and cheesecake.

Cheers!

No comments: