Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stress-induced Tourette's

If it exists, I have it! When my life gets as stressful as it is right now, I swear like a sailor, and sometimes it does feel uncontrollable. Tourette's or no, if my mother heard a fraction of the stuff coming out of my mouth this week, she'd wash my mouth out with soap!

I love my mom. :-)

Speaking of Mom, I was finally able to talk to her about Zachariah this morning. It was the first I'd spoken with her since he passed. We both cried. Again. But this time it was with each other, even if it was only on the phone.

Hey! Our loser neighbors haven't moved out, and eviction day was early last week! Surprised? Me neither!

My fingers are okay now, btw. Just a few little scratches and a torn nail. And boy, does grating those little buggers make your hand cramp! Why was I shredding them in the first place? Well, can't safely bite into a carrot while wearing braces now, can I? And since I don't want the baby carrots to go to waste (because they're so cute, sweet and tasty!), they get shredded into pasta salad, coleslaw or whatever I think they'll be good shredded into/onto. The Man thinks I'm crazy but, hey, takes a crazy to know a crazy!

Tomorrow there will be only 22 (or is it 21?) days until the beach. Talked with one of The Man's aunt's today who goes to the beach the same week we do and she told me she's bringing a ginormous bottle of Irish Creme that she won at a church fair. Now that's funny. And since it was won at a church fair, none of us has to feel guilty if we drink too much of it.

And hey, one of this aunt's mottos is, "Why Not Tourette's?"

And there you have the premise of the insanity that is beach week with The Man's family.

Damn, I can hardly fucking wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the concept of stress-induced tourette's. I experienced it myself on Friday. I found that ten year old single malt scotch makes for a fine treatment.
Zeeee