Monday, February 20, 2006

A month and a half?

Holy smokes! Can't believe I haven't been here since the very beginning of the year. Suffice it to say, life's been busy. We've been busier than usual at work, what with the opening of a new branch and all. I've been utterly exhausted by the time I get home and haven't had much ambition to do much of anything once I walk through the door. Getting dinner together is a feat in itself these days! That's why it's so nice to have today off. 3-day weekends are always welcome relief.

So... what's been going on... umm... I have the CPAP machine now. It hasn't been easy or fun getting used to it. The first few weeks I battled severe anxiety issues. I was having nightmares about regular people turning into breath sucking demons. Oh sure, it sounds funny now, but it sure as heck wasn't when I was going through it. Am still having a little anxiety with it, but on the whole am much better. The most amount of sleep I've gotten while wearing the mask is 2 hours. A nurse called me a couple of weeks ago to see how I was doing. I was completely honest with her - told her about the anxiety, that I wasn't sleeping well with it, etc. She encouraged me to use it consistently for 3 weeks, even if it's for only 15 minutes a night. She said she would call again in 3 weeks to see how I'm doing and then we'd take things from there. So I've got about another week to go until she calls again. It'll be interesting to see if anything changes between now and then. I'd like to be sleeping an average of 3-4 hours per night with it on.

Let's see... the people across the hall are still flaming assholes.

I'm enjoying the Winter Olympics. LOVE to watch the curling matches. When I was in 5th grade my math teacher told us he played a game called Curling and we all thought he was pulling our leg. The Man and I have been talking and are going to see if there's anywhere around here where we can try our hand at it.

Really digging Volkswagen's Fast commercials.

Babs is doing great. Her follow-up appointment is next Saturday afternoon. She's having an echocardiogram done. They'll probably have to sedate her for it. My poor Sweet Pea. :-( With any luck we'll be able to get her off the blood pressure meds.

Must be off. Buster's treat supply has been depleted and we still haven't heard the end of it from him. Surprised he didn't stomp on our heads all night long.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

SO glad you're doing better & that Miss Babs is hanging in there...so uggy to have to take them to the vet! Welcome back! :o)